– If the Third Party Liability of the driver responsible for the accident is not insured;
– If losses, connected with the medical treatment, temporary disability, permanent disability or death of the suffered party, are caused by an unidentified vehicle;
– If the damages are caused by a vehicle that has left the owner’s, keeper’s or user’s possession without his/her fault as a result of an illegal action by another person;
– If the owner of the vehicle causing the damages has insured his/her Third Party Liability in a foreign Insurance Company that has not nominated a claims handling correspondent in Latvia;
– If an inhabitant of Latvia has suffered in a RTA that has happened in one of the European Economic Area countries and the damages are caused by a vehicle whose Third Party Liability insurer has not nominated a claims handling representative in Latvia or it is impossible to clarify the vehicle owner’s Third Party Liability within 2 months after the insurance case.
*) The Motor Insurers’ Bureau announces that from March 1, 2005 it stops accepting and handling claims of RTA, which so far had to be reported at the Motor Insurers’ Bureau because the insurance indemnity had to be paid from the Guarantee Fund.
The handling of the claims is passed on to these Insurance Companies and their branches in the towns and districts of Latvia: „InterRisk Vienna Insurance Group”, “Baltijas Apdrošināšanas Nams”, „BTA Baltic Insurance company”, „ERGO Insurance” SE Latvian branch, ADB “Gjensidige” Latvian branch, „If P&C Insurance” Latvian branch.
Thus it is possible for the suffered party to choose the Insurance Company at which to report the RTA.